- Graduate in Biology, University of Oviedo, Spain, 1997.
- PhD in Marine Sciences and Technology, University of Cantabria, Spain, 2006.
- Institute of Marine Sciences and Limnology, Austral University of Chile.
- Institute of Environmental and Evolutionary Sciences.
- Conservation biology
- Migration Ecology
- Wetland Ecology
- Effects of human activities on waterfowl
- Navedo JG & Vargas-Chacoff L. 2021. Salmon aquaculture threatens Patagonia. Science 272: 695-696. [Letter]
- Navedo JG; Araya V; Verdugo C. 2021. Upraising a silent pollution: antibiotic resistance at coastal environments and transference to long-distance migratory shorebirds. Science of the Total Environment 777: 146004
- Navedo JG & Ruiz J. 2020. Oversummering in the southern hemisphere by long-distance migratory shorebirds calls for reappraisal of wetland conservation policies. Global Ecology and Conservation 23: e01189
- Gutiérrez JS; Sabat P; Castañeda LE; Contreras C; Navarrete L; Peña-Villalobos I; Navedo JG. 2019. Oxidative status and metabolic profile in a long-lived bird preparing for extreme endurance migration. Scientific Reports 9:17616.
- Navedo JG; Verdugo C; Rodríguez-Jorquera I; Abad-Gómez JM; Suazo CG; Castañeda LE; Araya V; Ruiz J; Gutiérrez JS. 2019. Assessing the effects of human activities on the foraging opportunities of migratory shorebirds in Austral high-latitude bays PLoS ONE 14: e0212441.