- Bachelor in Biology, University of Vale do Rio dos Sinos, Brasil, 2008.
- Master of Biodiversity and Wildlife Management, University of Vale do Rio dos Sinos, Brasil, 2011.
- PhD in Biology with a specialization in Marine EcologyUniversity of Coimbra, Portugal, 2017.
- Chilean Antarctic Institute (Inach).
- Ecology of predators
- Spatial Ecology
- Animal behaviour
- Conservation Biology
- Ecology and Fishing Management
- Marine Protected Areas
- Krüger L. 2022. Identifying and establishing Marine Protected Areas worldwide: the contribution of seabird data. In: Ramos JA, Pereira L (eds) Seabird Biodiversity and Human Activities. CRC Press, Boca Raton, pp 243–257
- Santa Cruz F; Krüger L; Cárdenas CA. 2022. Spatial and temporal catch concentrations for Antarctic krill: Implications for fishing performance and precautionary management in the Southern Ocean. Ocean and Coastal Management 223:106146. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ocecoaman.2022.106146
- Krüger L; Huerta MF; Santa Cruz F; Cárdenas C. 2021. Antarctic krill fishery effects over penguin populations under adverse climate conditions: implications for the management of fishing practices. Ambio 50: 560-571 DOI 10.1007/s13280-020-01386-w
- Krüger L; Ramos JA; Xavier JC; et al. 2018. Projected distributions of Southern Ocean albatrosses, petrels and fisheries as a consequence of climatic change. Ecography 41:195–208. https://doi.org/10.1111/ecog.02590
- Krüger L et al. 2017. Identification of candidate pelagic marine protected areas through a seabird seasonal, multispecific and extinction risk based approach. Animal Conservation 20: 409-424 DOI 10.1111/acv.12339