- Army Officer, Bachelor of Military Sciences, Bernardo O’Higgins ;ilitary School, 1993.
- Lawyer, Bachelor of Legal Sciences, Andes University, 2009
- Doctor of Law, University of Chile, 2015.
- Faculty of Law, University of Chile
- Institute of Ecology and Biodiversity (IEB)
- Antarctic Law
- Public International Law
- Law of the Sea
International dispute resolution
- Ferrada LV. 2021. Reflections on the common interest of humanity on the 60th anniversary of the Antarctic Treaty. Hemispheric and Polar Studies Journal, 12 (1): 58-72.
- Ferrada LV. 2020. The new Antarctic Law. Current scenarios. (CESIM), 25(4): 101-105.
- Ferrada LV. 2019. Latin America and the Antarctic Treaty System as a Legal Regime. The Polar Journal, 9 (2): 286-299.
- Ferrada LV. 2019. Challenges and achievements of the Protocol to the Antarctic Treaty on Environmental Protection 20 years after its entry into force. Hemispheric and Polar Studies Journal, 10 (1): 1-20.
- Ferrada LV. 2018. Five factors that will decide the future of Antarctica. The Polar Journal, 8 (1): 84-109.