- Geography, Catholic University of Chile, 2000.
- Master of Biological Sciences, University of Chile, 2002.
- Doctor of Ecology, University of Lausanne, Switzerland, 2013.
- Catholic University of Chile
- Institute of Ecology and Biodiversity (IEB)
- Conservation Biology
- Luebert F & Pliscoff P. 2017. Bioclimatic and vegetation synopsis of Chile (Second edition). Editorial Universitaria, Santiago, Chile.
- Pliscoff P. 2015. Application of the criteria of the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) for risk assessment of terrestrial ecosystems in Chile. Technical Report made by Patricio Pliscoff for the Ministry of the Environment. 63 p. Santiago, Chile.
- Pliscoff P; Luebert F; Hilger H; & Guisan, A. 2014. Effects of alternative sets of climatic predictors on species distribution models and associated estimates of extinction risk: A test with plants in an arid environment. Ecological Modelling, 288, 166–177.
- Pliscoff P & Fuentes-Castillo T. 2011. Modeling the distribution of species and ecosystems in time and space: a review of new tools and approaches available. Norte Grande Geography Journal, 79(48), 61–79.
- Pliscoff P & Fuentes-castillo T. 2011. Representativeness of terrestrial ecosystems in Chile’s protected area system. Environmental Conservation, 38(03), 303–311.